We enjoyed hosting our Third Annual AGM at the newly renovated and stunning North York Central Library.
With 24 neighbours in attendance, our board spoke about past successes and our 2019 plans. We enjoyed hearing from three library staff about the renovation and the new children’s section, the history as well as the science section.
We recapped our 2018 accomplishments, which included:
• Annual Canada Day BBQ
• Incorporation as a not-for-profit corporation
• Website update
• Ongoing e-mail communication to members
• Member appreciation event
• Co-hosted a fireside chat with Councillor John Filion
• Plant and book swap
• Community garage sale
• Advocating for reduction of speed limits on some streets
• Tree walk at York Cemetery
As well as re-elected the four board members whose terms were up: A motion to motion to acclaim Steven Biggs, Anna Baranowsky, Eugene Terenzio, and Suranjita Khaund was made by Murray Steward and seconded by Linda Karageorgos.
We also discussed our revamped website, 2019 tentative events, the treasurer’s report, constitution changes, elected the 2019 Board of Directors and shared committee reports (Community Safety, Development, Social, Beautification), new business and opened the floor for discussion.